MOTOACTV 16GB Golf Edition provides golf GPS tracking. Play up to 20,000 courses globally and see your distance to the front, center and back of green, as well as distance to the hazards – all from your wrist. No more fumbling with phone apps, or rummaging through your bag. MOTOACTV keeps track of your scorecards and keeps count of the fairways hit, the number of putts taken and even the greens in regulation that you hit. It also contains the PAR information for all your favorite courses. Included in the Motorola retail packaging: MOTOACTV 16GB, MOTOACTV Sports Wrist Strap, Dual Output Wall Charger, Motorola SF200 (stereo headphones with mic), Clothing/Belt Clip, USB Cable, Quick Start Guide.
- GPS Tracking – Play up to 20,000 courses globally and see your distance to the front, center and back of green, as well as distance to the hazards – all from your wrist. No more fumbling with phone apps, or rummaging through your bag
- Your New Virtual Caddy -MOTOACTV keeps track of your scorecards and keeps count of the fairways hit, the number of putts taken and even the greens in regulation that you hit. It also contains the PAR information for all your favorite courses.
- Online Clubhouse – MOTOACTV syncs your rounds wirelessly at MOTOACTV.com where you can visualize and study your rounds. You can also keep every scorecard for reference, visualize each shot on the course map, and share your rounds with friends.
- Notifications – Sync with the free MOTOACTV phone app to receive phone calls and texts without reaching for your phone. Provides ultimate discretion at your club.
- Multi-Sport Tracking Supports your wider fitness needs including running, walking and cycling by tracking your heart rate, pace, distance and calories burned. Also keep tabs on your elliptical, step machine and treadmill progress.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 3 x 5 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B007KTQU5I
- Item model number: 89573N
- Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
Awesome tool for golf! Wow!!
Let me expound on the golf GPS function for those golfers looking into this device as an alternative to a handheld. I had been using a Callaway uPro for a couple of years, but it was a little buggy; and it was kind of a pain to keep pulling it out of my pocket to check yardage, enter the score, blah, blah, which held play up somewhat. It also required downloading of courses onto the device.
The MotoActv allows the golfer to input every club in their bag along with the average yardage for each. (You can do this from the watch itself.) When you get ready to play, all you do is select, Golf, and it automatically locates the courses in your area. Select the one you’re playing and hit start. It took less than a minute for the courses to load. You can also input the weather conditions, handicap and other info. When you get ready to hit, you press the start button and it automatically shows the appropriate club you’ll need for that distance. It provides different options for you to select, such as fairway, left rough, right rough, bunker, etc. This is an awesome feature! Swipe to the left, and it shows distances to hazards. When you’ve finished the hole, it shows your score. At the end of your round, it calculates your score for you. When you get home, you wirelessly sync your round to your computer.
Here’s the best part, in my opinion. You go online to the Motoactv website and see your entire round! Each shot, where you walked, course map in satellite view…wow! I’m blown away by how much information and analysis this device provides. This includes an analysis of your game (long game, short game, putting), as well as a detailed scorecard showing how many fairways you hit and averages of where your shots went. I highly recommend the MotoActv over handheld GPS golf devices.
What you’ll find out, is that you can wear this watch all the time, because it tracks your steps taken, calories burned, as well as tells you the time/date. I’ve been using it for my elliptical and bike workouts, and am amazed at how accurate it is. And like the golf function, you can wirelessly sync your workouts and go online to view satellite images of the routes you took. The MotoActv also works as an MP3 player, and headphones are included, although I have not used that function yet.
While some have complained about customer service, the few questions and concerns that I’ve had were addressed quickly by the online forum and via phone support. I am a total fan of this gizmo, and highly recommend it, especially for golfers.
Having this all on the watch, you just press a button, get yardage, swipe to set club and lie (it auto suggests a club for you based on your profile) and hit (and you can also add penalties right there for those, well, bad shots. Then Repeat. It only took a few seconds each shot to do this and at the end you get complete stats as well as current score. By far the easiest device/app I’ve used.
The website is a nice bonus, you can basically see your whole game over laid in google maps.
I knocked 1 star off as it does have some room for improvements.
1. Add increased range in yardage selection for clubs
2. Let you go back and edit scorecard if needed after the round is ended (made a few mistakes as it took a few rounds to get used to how it worked).
3. Expose more of the data via web, ie Avg distance per club (and let you use that info for your club profile)
4. Export scorecard (or someway to copy it better). Maybe just a CSV/Excel export of the scorecard and/or data.
5. Be able to adjust the screen timeout for “shake to wake” function. The screen turns off way to fast. (It doesn’t seem to use the same timeout as if you pressed the power button to wake it).
6. The phono plug is not attached and is a little rubber piece. I know I’m going to eventually loose it. They should just go ahead and give you 2-3 spares. I would leave it off all the time but worry about sweat or dust getting in it.
7. Bonus: How about an option to show the google sat view of the map? I could see an option to download and cache that map. With 16gb of memory, plenty of room for growth. To be able to see that dog leg would be nice sometimes.
I’m confident that Motorola could easily make most of these changes via another software update and look forward to future changes/additions. It’s already a solid product and will easily give it 5 stars with a few improvements.
It comes with a wristband but is kinda tight (Not a small guy and 6′ tall). I could use just 1 more notch when I wear it casually and it was unwearable for my friend who’s 6’4. Maybe a third party will make an alternative watch band…
Golfing is superb. Dead on accuracy. Has already made it easier to figure out what options I want to take on the course. Another pro: Lots of GPS devices for golf will skip to another hole if your ball leaves the current fairway. (Hitting a shot on hole 3 that lands close to the hole 4′s fairway, some devices will skip to hole 4 for distance. With this, it will give me distance for hole 3 regardless from where it is. Battery life has been great. 30% battery still will work for 9 holes, and 18 holes clearly were completed with 100% battery. Obviously if you look at your watch the entire outing, your battery will drain a whole lot quicker.
I would buy this device again and again and would even pay more. Very happy with device. Just trying to use all the technology takes time.
Great piece for every golfer.
Perfect Golf GPS
It helps to improve my score
great product, cheaper through motorola
Related terms: Motorola MOTOACTV W450 Review, Motorola MOTOACTV W450 Price, Motorola MOTOACTV Review, Motorola MOTOACTV GPS